Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Senior Contract Manager
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
We have an open position for a full-time English speaking Senior Contract Manager to work in the Law Department and to take a lead role in providing legal support on commercial contracts across EMEA and in UK and Ireland in particular. Based in our growing and central Budapest city offices, you will be part of an international team working with our Sales and Procurement organizations as well as other Legal Contract Managers, Business Attorneys and Professionals in different locations and levels throughout Eaton. You will be responsible for leading legal support on commercial contracts – from review and drafting through negotiation, internal approval and contract finalization.
Your key deliverables :
- Analyze, interpret and negotiate terms and conditions for various commercial deals and projects (e.g. sales, supply, brand label, strategic alliance, design, consultant, services, long term agreements), especially taking a lead role in negotiating complex, high value contracts and/or contracts for strategic accounts.
- Be part of the creation and implementation of contract management processes and ensure continued compliance with set processes, policies and standards throughout our Sales and Procurement organizations.
- Lead in drafting contract templates and provide legal guidance to colleagues for our different business requirements.
- Keep informed of existing agreements, approved risk mitigation plans, ongoing negotiations, win/loss reasons and use such information to develop and improve contract reviews, risk mitigation actions, negotiation strategies, approval recommendations, leading to informed decision making and acceptable risk taking by the business.
- Prepare contract risk assessments for internal stakeholder’s approval based on Eaton’s policies and procedures
- Train Eaton’s professionals on defined contractual concept and contract management processes."
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on contract management, preferably with IT client exposure – than please apply.
- Legal Degree/Qualified lawyer is a plus but not essential.
- At least 6 years’ legal/contract management experience
- Good knowledge of general Commercial Law in EMEA; Experience with UK laws and IT/technology contracts is a plus but not essential. Experienced negotiator and comfortable in negotiations. Fluent in English. Another EMEA language is a plus
- Autonomy, personality and demeanor to interact with individuals of all personality types at all levels of an international organization
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time