(Location: Cerkezkoy, Tekirdag, Turkey)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Supply Chain Manager, you will manage the flow of materials into the facility, through the facility and outbound, in a way that maximizes on-time delivery while minimizing inventory and logistics cost. You will accomplish this using standard processes and tools that are prescribed in the Hydraulics Materials Strategy. All this work will be performed in and through the MFG/PRO MRP system.
You will ensure that these functions are deployed in alignment with the Hydraulics Materials Strategy. You will actively participate in the Regional Materials Council and the Materials Management Assessment (MMA) and Operational Assessment process. You will drive continuous improvement activities at your site and facilitate organizational development.
You will be responsible to drive the launch of systems, tools, and prescribed processes supported by the Global and EMEA Regional Materials teams.
- Create, communicate, and build consensus for a strategic vision for MFG/PRO and maintenance across the site. Utilize systematic processes (e.g. ERP Health Monitor) to monitor materials management operating compliance and performance.
- Continuously improve key performance indicators applicable to Materials Management, such as On-time Delivery, Past Due, Days on Hand, Excess and Obsoletes. Remove barriers that negatively affect such indicators.
- As a senior leader, this position requires an effective deployment of the Eaton Leadership model. The Materials Manager must be an effective leader with skills at developing individuals and teams, setting goals and holding people accountable, leveraging resources, effective communication, building organizational capability, and professional presence.
- Champion the SIOP process for the site per the Hydraulics Policy, working in cooperation with the EMEA Regional Materials team. This includes leading/participating in the demand forecast, supply response (capacity and inventory), consensus building, executive sponsorship, and attainment steps. The position is member of the executive SIOP team.
- Deploy the Hydraulics Materials Playbook. The playbook documents processes, tools, and resources for all elements of the Hydraulics Materials Strategy.
- Implement consistent Inventory Management processes, aligned with the Hydraulics Inventory Management Strategy. This includes Modeling, Inventory Playbook, PFEP, Replenishment, Forecasting, and Follow-up.
- Develop and manage the annual inventory improvement plan to ensure that the business achieves DOH goals versus the profit plan.
- Deploy and maintain inventory replenishment plan(s) and Min-Max that optimize service level, inventory levels, and logistics cost. Participate in regional inventory forecasting and follow-up processes. Effectively optimize Inventory levels and ensure inventory accuracy.
- Principal responsible for quarterly and annual Physical Inventories, and cycle counts.
- Lead regular Material Review Board (MRB) meetings and be responsible to share outcomes to stakeholders (finance, engineering, sales, plant) in order to optimize E&O.
- Improve the efficiency of inbound order management and incoming goods process.
- Deploy sustainable Shop-floor processes that facilitate the efficient and economical flow of material and support ERP Health (accuracy, repeatability, etc.). These processes include Receiving, Warehousing, Materials Movement (physical and transactional), Shipment, and Inventory Record Accuracy (cycle counting, BOM and Routing Audits) in compliance with the Hydraulics Materials Strategy.
- Actively participate on regional Materials Management Council and the Materials Assessment process. Continually evaluate plant materials management processes, effective use of current tools and material management competencies to ensure continuous improvement towards the full deployment of the Hydraulics Materials Strategy.
- Actively support upcoming new product introductions from the materials perspective and product transitions from other EATON facilities, ensuring a smooth ramp up and positive customer experience. This includes packaging and external logistics.
- Work personally and through the team to develop, maintain, and launch standardized tools and processes that support the Hydraulics Materials Strategy. Actively manage multiple projects that will include system/process/tool development, program launches, best practice import/export, etc.
- Undergraduate technical degree, MBA or MS in Operations / Materials Management, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain. APICS certification will be a plus.
- Vast experience in Operations or Materials Management in a leadership level position
- Practical understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management.
- Thorough theoretical and practical knowledge of MRP/ERP and Materials Process fundamentals.
- Experience with industry standard MRP system (SAP, Oracle, or MFGPRO).
- Ability to develop and maintain critical relationships within the SCM department, internal operations
- Experience with driving business process improvement initiatives (BPI)
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with and manage people from diverse cultures.
- Turkish and English language skills at advanced level
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
(Candidate selected for the vacancy will be subject of a background screening)
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FCD
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time