Eaton’s electrical sector is currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Lead to join our team. This position is based at our Wilsonville, OR location.
Responsible for providing customer service as required for the Portland Power Center with lead responsibilities over the shop's Material Handling team. Provide Clerical and other manufacturing support as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Request and distribute daily Vista and Mentor reports to appropriate personnel ( check with supply chain, eng)
- Pack and ship finished goods on the timely manner, including but not limited to the following: loading trucks with forklift, crane or boomlift, verifying correct material and quantity, performing system transactions, and processing shipping paperwork
- Lead daily tier meetings for shipping/receiving
- Allocate staffing based on shipping/receiving schedule
- Manage return of excess material in a timely manner; with accurate accounting
- Process scrapping of non-conforming material
- Manage returns and warranty issues from internal and external suppliers (ex. example processing of non-conformances)
- Assist in organizing material locations and barcode labels in racks
- Ensure excess and red tag storage racks are properly maintained, prepare storage locations for inventory(check with supply chain
- Receive incoming material according to current receiving process and distribute incoming material to correct production locations
- Responsible for cost-out initiatives, including premium freight reduction & inventory optimization
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in either a production role or a material handling role required
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Wilsonville, OR will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (inventory, receiving, production)
- Knowledge of Kanban, Vista, AS400 or related order-management system
- Certified to operator a Forklift
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and typing ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment
- Must have capability to obtain a Forklift certification
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and organize
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No