(Location: Temelli - Ankara)
As Product Manager – Transformers and Substations, you will be responsible for setting the product vision and strategy. Your job is to clearly articulate the business value to the “New Product Development” (NPD) team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. You own the strategy (the “why”) behind the product and its roadmap and must work with the various stakeholders to build what matters.
Within the Power Distribution Division, the Electrical Systems & Services unit is responsible for IEC systems. The Product Management department reports to the Pre-Order and & Product Line Director Systems.
You, as the Product Manager, define the features and requirements necessary to deliver a complete product to market. You are responsible for articulating the “what” and working with NPD program management to determine the “when”.
As a product manager, you are the CEO of the product (family). For you, this means responsibility for making product decisions (portfolio: additions or rationalization) and often is the lead resource for the rest of the organization when deeper product expertise is required. This includes supporting the organizations that work directly with customers—namely sales and business support. You are also profit and loss responsible and sets the pricing targets.
You will work closely together with the ESS Marketing team to align the product portfolio to the needs of the target segments and channel strategies (route to market). You will also facilitate Marketing in creating the desired market communication.
- Takes part (individual goals) in the team responsibility to achieve the set goals for sales, profitability, new product introductions and product portfolio.
- Measure, manage and drive the relevant products’ performance with focus on end to end profitability according to plan and forecast.
- Identify and understand the customers’ needs, the competitive environment as well as market trends for products and applications.
- Define the product roadmap and drive product development based on customers’ feedback for new products and upgrades, manage the product life cycle with transitioning the systems to the inactive stage with the services (and aftermarket) group.
- Implement, coordinate and conduct new product development
- Drive efficiency and cost out programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or engineering
- Vast experience working in a comparable marketing / product management / sales / technical role in the electrical industry, ideally with knowledge of transformers business
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of applications in MV distribution networks (switchgear, transformers).
- Proven communication skills and willingness to learn.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment, intercultural understanding
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only