Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division has an opening for a Painter - Transformer (Medium Line) - 1st Shift, pay starting at $18.45/hour, depending on experience. The hours for this position are from 7am to 3:00 pm. This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Painter is responsible for sanding, cleaning, masking, and painting transformer units and fabricated components which require final finishing. All units must be painted before final inspection. The individual must produce an eye-pleasing, durable, painted finished product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be responsible for the proper preparation of all surfaces to be sprayed; this includes bare metal areas and the proper sanding, feather edging of previously painted surfaces.
- Be required to know what bushings and associated transformer accessories must be masked to prevent them from being painted.
- Check the Bills of Material for correct color.
- Adjust and periodically check all pump pressures, heater temperatures, air and fluid pressures to maintain the best possible spraying application condition.
- Check and maintain proper fluid and air pressure in pressure pots used for spraying all special colors.
- Change filters and maintain cleanliness of spray booth associates floor areas on a scheduled basis.
- Use crane to move units into spray boot and use crane to store repainted units in staging area for inspection.
- Cross train and perform duties in other work areas of the team.
Complete additional tasks as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required.
- Minimum of six (6) months previous spray-painting experience.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Previous working knowledge of industrial airless and/or air pressure painting.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No