Eaton’s Commercial Residential Distribution Solutions division is currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Overall responsibility for the identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes focused around continuous improvement. Create a strategy around automation in the facility focused on high yield areas and areas with high ergonomic risk. Reduce product cost and improve quality / productivity by improving the automated manufacturing processes, methods, and/or procedures. Introduce new technologies, designs, tools and fixtures to meet profit plan targets. Translate user requirements into a functional design and technical concept by designing, programing and testing automated machinery and/or processes including the tooling needed. The Lead Automation Engineer and team will provide full life-cycle support for the process control system from project engineering and design through software development, commissioning and support. Provide leadership to the AA associates in the support of automated equipment and design of fixturing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop and Implement process improvements which reduce labor by simplifying tasks (process automation) or speeds the process (increases the number of products produced in a set time frame). Ensure that the safety of all employees is maintained during process changes.
- Improve quality and performance of existing automated equipment to meet key performance metrics (OEE, uptime, yield) by improving on the equipment or product design, including molds and fabrication tools. Implement TPM and PM standards on all automated equipment.
- Provide Leadership to the 1AA associates.
- Guide the design and build of automated equipment to meet plant’s safety, quality and lean objectives. This includes developing timelines and cost comparisons from various sources.
- Liaison between product design and/or Manufacturing and outside tool vendors.
- Order or specify tooling / fixtures. Must be able to use AutoCAD to create concept drawings of fixtures for external or internal vendors.
- Assist Maintenance in repair of automated equipment.
- Aid in the training of manufacturing personnel on automated equipment and TPM requirements.
- Adheres to all facility safety guidelines (MESH and OMRON) and identifies potential hazards to reduce or eliminate them.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- In-depth knowledge of sheet metal processes—stamping, forming, welding, etc—automated assembly, PLC or computer control devices, tooling, industrial engineering, and AutoCAD
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Seven (7) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time