Eaton’s Electrical Services & Systems Division is currently seeking a Lead Project Manager to join our team. This position can be located remotely anywhere within the United States but will be preferably located in Mountainside, NJ, Warrendale, PA or Lewiston, ME.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The purpose of this position is to provide project management expertise in electrical, civil, structural and mechanical aspects of large turnkey construction projects. This position is to provide project management expertise to teams of designers, engineers, construction managers and contractors. The Senior Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management and execution of turnkey projects. The PM is charged with supporting the sales force, senior project managers and zone manager during the front-end sales process to ensure a seamless transition from quote into execution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Preform construction estimating and sales support
- Provide project management as well as program management for the Microgrid group
- Be responsible for project profit, loss, and forecast
- Manage safe work environment and program which includes but not limited to job site safety analysis, rigging plans, environmental risk planning, job audits, confined space programs and lock and tag procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience
- Minimum 5 years Microgrid/ Distributed Generation or Microgrid related experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- PMP certification
- Professional Engineer license
- First and CPR Trained
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Knowledge and Experience in Hydro Power Distribution, Automation, Controls and SCADA
- Strong computer skills – excel, word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Project or Primavera Scheduling software
- Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC, ANSI, NETA
- Knowledge, understanding, and execution of turnkey projects
- Ability to implement project financial controls
- Knowledge and skills to manage project scope changes
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules
- Ability to work with and manage design teams
- Ability to improve subcontractor inefficiencies
- Ability to manage subcontractor budgets
- Ability to develop and manage subcontractor AIA forms
- Contract and subcontract knowledge and experience
- Ability to create and maintain project QA/QC process
- Contingency planning expertise and knowledge
- Ability to create, prioritize and maintain project action item list.
- Ability to maintain accurate as-built documentation and punch-lists
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly progress reports
- Document control experience and expertise
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time