Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Quality Apprentice, you will join the Central Quality Team whilst working closely with the wider Quality Function and Manufacturing Operations Teams. You will acquire fundamental engineering knowledge, coupled with extensive quality competencies gained over a four-year timescale.
You will work within our world-class facility based in Worksop manufacturing high-quality electrical rotary switches and Switch-disconnectors for the global industrial market sector, with in-house capability for Injection Moulding, Metal Stamping and Manual/Automated Assembly & Testing techniques. Working for Eaton will provide excellent learning and development opportunities as well as the necessary support to achieve a career within the Quality profession and beyond.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will gain knowledge and associated experience by a mixture of academic engineering day-release study, plus vocational experience gained in the workplace;
- You will achieve NVQ level two/three in Engineering, potentially followed by suitable professional qualifications (Chartered Quality Institute, HNC Engineering);
- You will need to demonstrate the right aptitude, initiative, communication skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- The minimum qualification requirements for the role are GCSE at Grade C or above in Maths, English and Science.
- This position is due to commence on the 1st of September 2020.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No