Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an EHS Coordinator (Temporary, 12 Months) to join our team.
This position is based at our Airdrie, CA facility.
Under the general direction of EHS Manager, this position is responsible for assisting with planning, establishing and maintaining MESH (Eaton occupational health, safety and environment) program to ensure due diligence in program compliance for all Eaton employees, visitors, and contractors. Conducts activities to help ensure Eaton compliance to all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Champion a strong EHS culture to achieve a zero-incident target. Act in a way that promotes a safe work environment and advance EHS goals. Help generate initiatives that focus on prevention.
- Support the function in HSE data analysis, data management, reporting, and training while providing technical expertise to the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands-on EHS training, including knowledge and use of behaviour-based safety techniques.
- Ability to assist in the implementation and coordination of EHS prevention programs
- Facilitate monthly safety talks that address workplace hazards. Assist with EHS communication activities, such as “MESH Week”, “Welcome Back”, and the MESH Board.
- Actively participate in and document MESH and ISO14001 audits. Assist with the development of action plans and corrective actions.
- Help complete hazard/risk assessments. Train/educate employees on the hazards associated with their jobs.
- Perform quality control on incoming reports, enter applicable incidents into the corporate management system, and help track corrective actions.
- Actively participate as a member of the EHS committee (ex., inspections, deficiency reporting, tracking corrective actions, taking minutes, etc.).
- Use a document control system to maintain EHS documents so they are organized, current, and easily accessible.
- Maintain records and data to support reporting requirements for MESH, ISO 1401 certification, and legislation.
- Help to identify emerging trends and areas of poor program performance. Help identify when changes to legislation occurs to ensure MESH stays current.
- Assist in the administration of EHS policies, manuals, standards and procedures.
- Triage incoming EHS information and documentation.
- Report and compile data for submission of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Maintain EHS related documents (ex., permits, inspections, sampling reports, training records, etc.).
- Assist with on-site workplace inspections and implementation of corrective actions.
- Works in conjunction with EHS Manager to co-ordinate and conduct EHS training.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have 2-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Post-secondary degree in an EHS or related field.
- Knowledge of Alberta Occupational, Health Safety and Environmental legislation and requirements for compliance.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- This position does not offer relocation. Candidate must live within 80km of Airdrie.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 requirements.
- Skills in the standards, concepts, practices and procedures within the health safety and environmental fields.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time