Eaton’s Electrical Group is currently seeking a Mechanical Assembler to join our team.
This position is based at our Milton, ON facility.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor this position interprets the Manufacturing Information documents in order to mechanically assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts or modify basic components, sub-assemblies and structures using hand and power tools for the LVDA product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Read and interpret drawings while ensuring assembly bill of material accuracy.
- Check parts picked/delivered to parts required. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal KANBAN system.
- Assemble components ensuring proper torque of bus and phase connectors.
- Apply consistency in assembly method for units or the same order.
- Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly by conducting Inspection for conformance to drawings and specifications, functional operation and appearance and making mechanical adjustments as needed.
- Checks performance of completed components to ensure compliance to LVDA Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- Perform pack and ship duties.
- Work to CSA, UL code and company quality requirements.
- Work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- Inspect and verify incoming parts against paperwork or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged parts.
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a manufacturing environment or six months assembly experience required.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to perform standard work procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated experience of utilizing mechanical tools and measuring equipment required for assembly.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics is an asset.
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Experience in the assembly or repair of product preferred.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No