Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking a Fabrication Utility – 3rd Shift to join our team, pay starting at $21.45/hour, depending on experience. This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
This is a select position and will require an interview
The Fabrication Utility is responsible for ensuring consistent and timely production of parts through the various work centers in the Fabrication Dept. The incumbent will direct and enable the flow of work through the department, fills in on machines as needed, assumes a leadership role within the assigned area of responsibility and works from Process Control Sheets, Engineering blueprints, Work Orders, and Product Quality Guidelines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Fill in on any machines during peak production times or in the absence of the regular operator
- Assume a leadership role in working with Manufacturing Engineering and Product Engineering Departments in the startup of new equipment, and the fabrication of special, new or prototype products
- Be responsible for the continued improvement of work practices and procedures in all areas, by resolving fabrication or quality problems; Reporting and assisting supervision in correcting engineering and material problems
- Aid supervision in controlling production flow to the various machines to insure material arrives at the next work station in a timely manner, makes work assignments for employees to insure this happens, and may schedule work in the absence of the supervisor
- Inspect completed parts and assist employees in maintaining standards and procedures expected in fabrication of products.
- Assist supervision in the training of new employees and the introduction of new procedures and equipment to established employees.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a fabrication environment.
Minimum of one (1) year of leadership experience.
Minimum of one (1) year experience reading plant specifications, drawings, blueprints, process sheets, Microsoft Office, etc.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No