Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
We’re now looking for a talented Customer Solutions Engineer- Data Centres who will directly engage with customer engineering contacts, business partners such as panel builders, contractors and engineering consultants to ensure that Eaton is able to influence technical specification as early in the sales process as possible. You will work in a team of technical peers and experts such as Solution Architects and Consulting Engineers to ensure that Eaton is optimally engaged with our customers and especially the supporting consultant community across the EMEA segment. You will own the technical sale from early engagement through to answering bids and providing detailed proposals and quotations. You should be able to host and lead basic customer enablement sessions delivering technical updates and basic training either on or off site.
Your key deliverables:
- Technical Expert with Data Centre Solution Design
- Engage with targeted customer engineering and/ or consultants.
- Build technical decision network and develop relationships from a position as a subject matter expert
- Work with Sales team to understand focal customer business challenges and how to sell technical concepts
- Work in a matrix environment with peers in Sales, Business Units, Projects, support and other relevant organisations
- Discover or Nurture peer level relationships in the consultant community
- Engage in the Sales Process in qualification of opportunity, influencing design, coordinating technical responses and providing quotations
- Work cross functionally with peers in relevant business units Lifecycle Support and Product Engineering
Do you have?
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience of Data Centre design and component product engineering
- Presentation skills and ability to present to technical audiences on a white board or more formally if required
- Ability to work in a complex, multinational matrix organisation
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time