Eaton’s Aerospace Sector is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position will be based at our Bethel, CT location.
This individual will be part of the procurement team for Eaton Aerospace’s site in Bethel, CT. Commodities may include: EEE components, machining, connectors, sub-assemblies, capital expenditures, and fasteners totaling $6M annual spend. Individual will have dual responsibility for executing the planning and control aspects contained in the MFGPro MRP system.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and foster a true business partnership with suppliers.
- Develop and execute plans to exceed key supplier goals (OTD, Cost Out, DPPM, BCC).
- Lead resourcing of $6M annual spend to optimize material cost out, and supplier performance, by leveraging BCC, and other domestic preferred suppliers.
- Analyze specifications to recommend sourcing in make/buy decisions & cost-price considerations
- Support supplier and plant quality relationship to ensure quality corrective actions are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Support Supplier Consolidation in alignment with Eaton preferred suppliers.
- Partner with Shared Services Team to ensure continuity to material flow in support of customer OTD and inventory mitigation, by acting to RFQ triggers and action (expedite, de-expedite, cancel) messages in real time.
- Continued expansion of consignment initiatives and support of supplier visualization portal that conveys real time materials requirements to supply base.
- Partner with commodity managers and regional sourcing managers to drive BCC transition plan, while mitigating disruption risk from existing footprint. Also support several supplier transitions at the Bethel site.
- Conduct VAVE sessions to explore cost out opportunities and lead execution of same.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a Supply Chain function.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Bethel, CT facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with the procurement of electronics, metals and machined components
- Aerospace experience
- Masters Degree from an accredited institution
- CPIM certified
- 5+ years buying experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- MFG Pro experience
- American Production & Inventory Controls Society (APICS) Certification
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong price negotiation skills
- Strong Excel skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time