- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Use various tools, such as wire strippers and plyers to perform the electrical wiring assembly of switchboards or panelboards.
- Work from manufacturing information such as front views, bill of materials, wiring diagrams, drawings, blueprints, order entry systems, and oral or written instructions in order to accurately select and install the correct wires and complete production in a timely manner.
- Responsible for understanding power flow and referencing guidelines in order to comply with regulations when wiring switchboards or panelboards.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or part shortages.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- You will be responsible for quality, including visual inspections of material before and after wiring, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- You will cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 years wiring experience or successful completion of Eaton wiring certification.
- 1 year experience in manufacturing or operations and/or technical experience in an industrial setting.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in panelboard assembly operation, or assembly requiring diagrams or drawings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs.
- Demonstrated comprehension of wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Demonstrated comprehension of power flow.
- Utilize various hand tools to wire and verify quality in switchboards/panelboards in a lean environment.
- Self-driven and able to produce desired results with minimal direction.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No