Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 103,000 employees. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Power Distribution Division (PDC) has an opening for Division Controller PDC Business, located in Vienna, Austria.
This position manages the financial and accounting operation and activities in accordance with prescribed Corporate, Divisional, and country policies and procedures. Provides leadership and direction for all of the financial, reporting, and general accounting functions of the business unit. Directs all financial reporting, budgeting, planning, and forecasting required by the Corporation, Division and business. Ensures adherence with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is responsible to build organizational capability within the Finance function and to provide financial leadership and direction to the operations and its leadership teams in the pursuit of business goals and objectives
- Finance leader for the largest division in Electrical EMEA.
- Direct activities for accounting & finance and support the business strategy.
- Responsible for financial performance reporting & analysis. Provide financial leadership and support through a functional reporting organization, including the division leadership team, local management and functional finance organization.
- Lead forecasting efforts for final monthly results, rolling forecasts, profit plan and strategic plan. Ensure that business is meeting financial targets over both short and long term horizons.
- Identify financial risks and develop mitigation plans. Protect assets & interests of Eaton Corporation.
- Communicate financial performance to the leadership team. Focus on performance to goals and identify areas for improvement and concern.
- Build organizational capability within Finance function across the division incl. development, coaching and training of staff. Ensure that top talent is hired and retained.
- Ensure that the PDC business is compliant with all applicable US and European laws & regulations in regard to financial reporting and results, including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Perform financial analysis as required to support business decisions regarding acquisitions, divestitures, make vs. buy decisions, etc.
- Participate in development of strategic planning activities.
- Drive continuous improvement and cost out activities for the PDC business.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. MBA degree and/or CPA are preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in accounting / finance field with past supervisory experience.
- Candidate should possess technical expertise in accounting and finance, including US GAAP.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish cross function relationships. Proven leadership and possession of problems solving skills.
- Fluent in English, plus min. business fluent German is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems.
- Ability to operate across cultures, and influence within, a complex matrixed organizational structure
- Ability to define and roll-out strategies for business processes and to work with both strategic and tactical issues simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, accepts ownership for results, takes initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and problem solve in an operating environment.
- Credible and influencing leadership and strong work Ethics and standards.
- Comfortable with ongoing “change” environment, driven by rapidly evolving business strategy.
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Culture& Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion& Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. At Eaton, we see things differently.
We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you.
Across Eaton we value the following attributes in our people and the successful incumbent will be expected to demonstrate these in their approach to their day to day work:
• Transparency - We say what we think. We make it ok to disagree.
• Accountability - We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
• Passionate - We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
• Learner - We are curious, adaptable and willing to teach what we know.
• Efficient - We value speed and simplicity.
• Ethical - We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.
For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time