Eaton Corporation is seeking a Vice President Finance, North America. This person will report directly to the President, North America (Global Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas business), and functionally to the VP Finance (Global Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas). This position will be based in our office in Syracuse, NY.
This role will be responsible for providing leadership to the North America finance organization (> $1 billion, 14 sites and 1900 employees), in alignment to corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. Provide leadership, guidance and support in reviewing and analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual results and forecasts, including reporting to the Group/Region, Sector and Corporate leadership teams. Responsible for driving process improvements within the finance organization, creating and implementing policies and procedures to improve the control environment and provide increased transparency of results.
Assures the existence and competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and corporate policies and procedures to guarantee the integrity of financial reporting. Demonstrates ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stakeholder critical requirements.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support in reviewing and analyzing monthly results and forecasts, including reporting to the Group/Region, Sector and Corporate leadership teams. Highlight areas of concern with appropriate solution to address.
- Performs special analyses to support strategic business decision making. This can include financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives, capital investments, changing business models, acquisition activity, make vs. buy analysis, pricing models, etc.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Leads the development of the North America Region’s strategic plan financials, annual profit plan and monthly closing and rolling forecasts.
- Interfaces actively with the business finance leaders, Sector and Corporate finance teams (tax, audit, treasury, etc.) and Global Senior Leadership Team.
- Leads operating reviews with the Global Senior Leadership Team and Electrical Sector Leadership. Supports requirements of auditors as needed.
- Develops and manages key monthly financial processes to include month-end closing, forecasting and planning.
- Provides leadership to the North America region finance organization in recruiting and developing top talent. Coach, sponsor and mentor high potentials within the organization. Act as a change agent in support of an inclusive culture with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stake-holder critical requirements.
- Evaluates capital appropriation request and works with the business to ensure documents meet all Corporate requirements and clearly articulate capital requirements and associated benefits to the organization.
- Manages accounting for the North America region (and all costs associated with the North America leadership and the North America organization).
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the NA finance function. Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Promote and emulate a culture that reflects our Eaton Leadership Attributes & Values which include high performance, inclusion and diversity, continuous improvement, and excellence in quality of work.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals. Serve as a mentor and coach to the function.
- Minimum of 10 (ten) years of broad financial experience within manufacturing organizations.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Entrepreneurial leader with proven track record of leading and developing teams through various aspects of the business cycle (growth, downturn)
- Experience leading finance for large multi-profit center business ($500M+) and/or finance experience working in another region of the world
- Breadth of experience, including: driving both an organic and inorganic growth agenda, leading through a financial downturn and related restructuring, contributing toward successful complex commercial transactions
- Executive presence, strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work comfortably with peers and in a matrix environment.
- Superior organizational agility skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports, peers, and customers internal/external to the organization.
- A global mindset with the ability to work effectively across multiple cultural and geographic boundaries
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation, including long term incentive and complete benefits.
- This position will be based in our Syracuse, NY location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time