- Work as required with sales and other stakeholders for pre-order project definition and spec response to align to best practices for project delivery.
- Directly manage and/or support key projects from sales handover through to practical completion and handover to service.
- Manage technical aspects so to ensure Eaton supply meets customer specifications and timelines for products, documentation, and quality.
- Ensure early identification, assessment, and management of potential and real risks (commercial, technical, scope & timing) throughout project.
- Understand and manage scope and timing of projects to ensure variations result in clear change orders and that projects meet or exceed expected project margins.
- Coordinate and manage sub-contractors and Eaton support teams to ensure correct resources are available for smooth project delivery without unneeded costs.
- Proactively provide the highest level of customer service, communicate to, and ensure alignment for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop solid business relationships with clients based on professional, service mindset, personal integrity, and exemplifying Eaton values.
- Understand and provide required milestone updates to sales and finance to allow accurate revenue and margin forecasting.
- Continually identify ways to improve the way Eaton execute projects and share learning. This may involve developing new initiatives, and recommending better ways to work based on analysis and learning on sites as well as overall customer trends.
- Technical university degree with a preference toward electrical engineering.
- Demonstrated successful Project Management skills and experience.
- Comfortable with standard IT and project management tools (e.g. MS Excel, Visio, Project Mgt. platforms).
- Experince with Project Management of major capital equipment (ideally electrical) and experience in commercial construction and/or Data Centers a plus.
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and solving problems. Strong collaboration and interpersonal (influencing skills). Financial acumen.
- Willingess and experince with frequent travel.
- Fluent English. Intercultural awareness.
- A high level of personal integrity and ethics and commitment to “doing business right.”
- A strong safety mindset and the fortitude to STOP unsafe practices even when that could impact other important deliverables.
- Site Safety Management qualification (SMSTS) preferable.
- Formal certification: PMP Certification preferred or CAPM, Prince 2, ITIL or other preferred.
- Knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) a plus.
- Great working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales North Europe
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time