Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a second shift Tank Shop Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Nacogdoches, TX location.
The Tank Shop Operator sets up, adjusts, and operates various welding machines, presses shears, brakes, flangers and expanders. They will set up, tear down, and maintain equipment and fixtures; perform layout, tack weld, and other tasks that may be required in tank fabrication. The core hours for this position are on second shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform work in some or all of the following work centers:
- Bottom welder (includes perf. LVB holes)
- Projection welder (includes perf. LVB holes)
- Seam welder (includes flanging)
- Layout (includes rod stack)
- Operate various welding equipment (rod stack) and machines, and utilizes various manual and powered hand tools.
- Manually handle material in the medium-heavy weight range.
- Operate hoist and other material handling equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Familiar with manufacturing safety protocols and strive for quality
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with welding
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to understand and work from oven pick list, PQP, NFOI, JSA and verbal instructions
- Ability to use simple measuring devices
- May operate powered industrial truck.
- Work in the area may be affected by heat, fumes, and noise produced by the operations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials such as safety, quality, and operating instruction and perform basic math functions
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job and wear PPE
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No