Eaton's European Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Power Electronics Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
Are you a Power Electronics Engineer?
Do you have experience with modelling, simulation and analysis?
Then join our Power Electronics Center of Excellence and make what matters work!
What we do:
Development of next generation power electronics platforms for multiple Eaton products. Our projects portfolio spans from miniature auxiliary power supplies to hundreds-of-kilowatts rated power converters. We utilize state-of-the-art technologies such as wide-bandgap semiconductors, high frequency planar magnetics, and advanced cooling methods.
What you will do:
• Starting day 1, be a member of the global Power Electronics Center of Excellence (PE CoE) team and cooperate closely with team members located in North Carolina, US;
• Lead power electronics design and development activities;
• Build prototypes, perform electrical and thermal tests;
• Collaborate with and support mechanical, PCB layout, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the design.
What you can expect from us:
• Friendly team of dedicated professionals, opportunity to learn and try new things;
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureaucracy typical for corporate environment;
• Potential career growth and further possibility to work in the USA;
• Modern spacious office, on-site canteen, ping-pong, table football and other leisure equipment;
• Annual bonus, lunch vouchers, home office, Multisport card, sports-friendly environment, free language courses and yoga classes, events for employees and their families, and much more.
What we expect from you:
• Minimum Bachelor´s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent;
• At least 3 years in power electronics engineering work including graduate level academic power electronics engineering work;
• Experience with modelling, simulation and analysis using tools like Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, and/or PLECS;
• Proven hands-on experience with power electronics devices development and testing.
What we would like you to have:
• Strong knowledge of power semiconductors, power electronics passive and protection components, state-of-the-art cooling techniques;
• Experience with power electronics-related circuits, specifically advanced gate drivers, isolated current and voltage sensors, auxiliary power supplies;
• Thorough understanding of PCB layout and EMC/EMI design practices, of voltage clearance/creepage requirements, insulation and interconnection techniques.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Power Electronics Center of Excellence team
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time