Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a 1st shift Production Supervisor for the Busway Greenwood, SC facility.
Supervise the personnel and production activities of one of the following major manufacturing functions: assembly, fabrication, epoxy, shipping, or housing; plan and coordinate manufacturing or support schedules to effectively meet customer requirements and company commitments for product/service quality and timeliness, manage unit operations and schedules to ensure the most effective use of personnel, materials, equipment, and other company resources within assigned functional areas, within or below defined production or operational costs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Plan and direct the manufacturing of orders.
- Maintain high levels of quality in assigned areas of functional responsibility.
- Provide training, instruction, guidance and counseling to employees for development and compliance to standards and expectations.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Guide and oversee work operations to respond positively to unusual situations, changes, material shortages, and varying manpower requirements.
- Work closely with the Quality department to ensure the continuing application of Quality Control standards to products and work processes.
- Have knowledge of business systems, accounting, industrial engineering, employee relations, and manufacturing operations
- Motivate and train employees, and promote and maintain morale, cooperation, and productivity among subordinate personnel.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment with progressive leadership responsibilities or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with progressive leadership responsibility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's/Masters degree in a related field from and accredited institution.
- Previous manufacturing or engineering related work experience in an engineering, operations or manufacturing environment.
- Lean/CI experience a plus (Green Belt preferred)
- Prior experience working in assembly, fabrication, epoxy and/or shipping
- Prior experience working in an ETO (engineered to order) environment
- Prior experience with Supervision or Management]
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- 5 years of experience in leadership in engineering/manufacturing environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time