Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Welder to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
This position is responsible for Fitting and welding steel to form cubicles and other miscellaneous parts to create enclosures for electrical switchgear.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Read and understand mechanical drawings, blueprints, tolerances and customer specifications
- Identify and locate appropriate steel parts throughout the factory to create weldments
- Measure, position and weld parts using mechanical blueprints
- Grind and smooth welds and prepares steel prior to painting process to remove imperfections
- Use of mathematics, geometry, measurements and understanding the correct orientation of parts in order to properly assemble projects
- Works safely and maintains a safe work environment free from hazards
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary, including weekends
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1-year certificate from a college or technical school in welding OR 6 months of welding experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- MIG Welding Experience that includes fitting of parts and close tolerances
- Blueprint reading or drafting education or experience
- Experience Welding in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in layout of parts prior to welding
- Able to read a tape measure to the 1/32”
- Ability to work independently and take direction from supervisor or lead person
- Must be able to stand or walk for 8 hours/day, as well as overtime as required
- This position requires moving moderate weight (up to 50 pounds) by bending, stopping or reaching on a daily basis
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No