Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Production Associate - Paint Line on C Shift (Fri-Sun, 5a-5p) to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Production Associate - Paint Line is responsible for fulfilling internal and external customer demand by ensuring that parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies are cleaned and prepared to receive paint; entering information in data collection system, operating paint equipment to specific paint finishes and performing daily preventative maintenance and waste disposal with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Needs to have a clean shaven face.
- Hand lift light loads on to and off of paint line.
- Operate material handling equipment to load, unload, transport and position heavy loads.
- De-scale pretreatment tanks, operate and maintain burn off oven.
- Perform visual checks of all parts coming out of cool down oven for proper film thickness and appearance.
- Check and adjust flow of powder from osculating heads.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- Keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
- Perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Prior experience with painting in a fabrication environment.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Eaton systems including DMM, AS400, Mapics, and Vista
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No