Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Material Handler - B Shift (3p-1p, Mon-Thur) to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Material Handler will be responsible for providing manufacturing expertise and support in the Satellite Shipping area including, but not limited to, allocation of materials, planning, scheduling, verifying, receiving, and shipping with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Utilize computer and perform cycle counts of components. Analyze cycle count information to determine root cause and corrective action. Resolve all errors by research and auditing of transactions.
- Receive, document, store stage and issue all job related material to satisfy production requirements.
- Support assembly and fabrication requirements for materials as needed.
- Package, create and band equipment, parts, materials, products and accessories to minimize damage during shipment or staging.
- Apply labels, stickers, stencils as required for identification and ease of storage or shipping.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- Keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
- Perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Computer literate
- Position requires willingness to become certified in operation of forklifts and cranes to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to steel and bus fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, and inventory control
- Broad range of knowledge in materials planning, scheduling, receiving, shipping, and tracking systems
- Computer skills include Excel, Word, DMM, AS400, Mapics,Vista, & Outlook.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No