The System Application Engineer will oversee all technical aspects of the installation and maintenance of grid automation products and systems at our customer facilities. In addition, the Systems Application Engineer is responsible for managing the expectations of any additional personnel assigned to their project team.
- Implement systems and resolve problems to achieve project milestones on time
- Initiate and lead cross-functional efforts to resolve customer issues
- Update customer material forecasts for assigned projects
- Investigate and resolve significant customer issues involving existing systems, products, and facilities in support of customer service performance metrics
- Assist the customer in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize features to meet the customer’s needs
- Interact directly with the customer to interpret and analyze business requirements to identify risks and design appropriate solutions
- Gain in-depth technical knowledge of features, capabilities, and limitations of all products and system
- Use this knowledge to independently make decisions on issue resolution with customers
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by testing hardware and software
- Provide guidance for business decisions from a technical perspective
- Provide guidance and instructions to newer members of team
- Participate in trade shows and technical conferences
- Complete special assignments as assigned by management
- Participate in support rotation as required by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or computer science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering, system design OR programming experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not offered for this position and candidates must reside within a 50-mile radius of the work locations listed. Active duty military is exempt from the geographical mile limitation.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of engineering, system design OR programming experience within the electrical industry
- Project management experience
- Electric utility experience
- PMP/PM certification
- Knowledge of communications networks
- Experience with C,C++, MSSQL, Oracle
- Experience with SCADA
- Experience with Protocols: DNP, Modbus, 61850
- Experience with Windows Server
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time for on-site work
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time