Eaton’s Power Reliability division is currently seeking a Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The EHS Manager is responsible for leading the management of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHS&S) processes at Eaton’s South Milwaukee, WI manufacturing facility. This role supports the creation of a strong culture that engages employees in the achievement of the company’s goal of zero safety incidents.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead the creation of the site EHS&S targets and objectives (MESH Plan) in support of corporate, regional and business group EHS&S strategic initiatives designed to drive EHS&S culture, compliance and results.
- Identify action-based EHS&S goals for site leadership team members, functional managers and front-line leaders to support achievement of the site’s EHS&S targets and objectives.
- Manage completion of site and workstation-level risk assessments to identify and prioritize EHS&S aspects and hazards.
- Utilize the company’s EHS&S database (MESH PRISM) to manage data related to EHS&S incidents, consumption of natural resources such as water, and EHS&S action plans.
- Lead the deployment of MESH element champions and teams and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the activities required to maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage the completion of a sitewide annual evaluation of compliance with Federal, State, local and company EHS&S requirements.
- Identify and support achievement and maintenance of third-party recognition-such as OSHA Voluntary Protection Program, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 – that establish Eaton’s EHS&S program as world-class.
- Manage development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required EHS&S training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Manage site EHS team to ensure that key EHS operational controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved in a timely basis.
- Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results
- Develop and implement programs to utilize the elements of Eaton Business System (EBS) to achieve strategic goals of the plant, and profit plan objectives of the plant.
- Investigate incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) and accidents to determine root causes and prepares/directs corrective action plans.
- Initiate opportunities to improve environmental conditions in the community as well as fostering employee wellness and off-the-job safety.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing environmental, occupational health or safety programs within a manufacturing or operations environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or an Environmental discipline
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Professional certification such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time