Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Supervise the personnel and production activities of one of the following major manufacturing functions: assembly, warehousing, fabrication, painting, shipping, or traffic; plan and coordinate manufacturing or support schedules to effectively meet customer requirements and company commitments for product/service quality and timeliness, manage unit operations and schedules to ensure the most effective use of personnel, materials, equipment, and other company resources within assigned functional areas, within or below defined production or operational costs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by ensuring you and your team comply with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Ensure that production demands are met by your department and that team leaders understand their roles in the upkeep of order fulfillment.
- Serve as a central point of contact for management in regards to production issues in one’s functional area.
- Participate in the assessment, selection, training, coaching, and development of employees and foster strong employee performance.
- Evaluate workload requirements and effectively delegate tasks accordingly to ensure proper and adequate manning to support production requirements.
- Investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which quality issues can be resolved. Ensure that employees know the importance of quality and enforces follow through. Work with quality control team to resolve issues and regularly review quality trends in the market.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience working in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Prior experience working in assembly, fabrication, and/or shipping.
- Prior experience working in an ETO (engineered to order) environment.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time