Eaton’s Electrical Sector has an opening for a Plant Manager for its Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions business. This position will be located in Lincoln, IL.
The Lincoln Plant is part of the Residential and Wiring Devices business and produces power distribution equipment including load centers, metering devices and air conditioning disconnects. The plant employs over 700 associates in this 350,000 square foot facility.
The plant manager has leadership responsibility for production and manufacturing engineering, facilities, operational excellence, supply chain, programs management, human resources, finance and EHS. The plant manager leads the leadership team to develop plant strategy and tactics to achieve the annual profit plan and long-term strategic plan, leads and implements the Eaton Business System to deliver the business results, and interfaces with the sales organization to ensure internal/external customer needs are met.
- Direct all plant functions including manufacturing, technical services, accounting, supply chain, human resources, quality and operations excellence. Indirectly lead product and design engineering and the plant flex center.
- Develop annual objectives for the plant and review with staff managers, employees and division personnel.
- Develop plant budgets, forecast performance and assure timely implementation and control. Develop strategic plans for the facility, short term and long term.
- Work with both development engineering and marketing in new product designs, coordinating customer requirements with manufacturing cost and feasibility.
- Lead union contract negotiations and assure adherence to contractual obligations, maintaining good relations with the union representatives.
- Assure prompt and accurate reporting systems on all aspects of plant operations including inventory, labor, and production, shipping and receiving to monitor performance against plant objectives.
- Develop and implement manufacturing policies, EBS processes and ensure application to the manufacturing operations.
- Lead the performance management process and administer compensation, rewards and recognition plans. Develop employees through training and engagement initiatives. Assure team members are constantly improving their knowledge of manufacturing processes and in functional competencies.
- Oversee maintenance of all plant facilities and layouts to minimize downtime.
- Direct the staffing, organization and development of the plant's personnel requirements.
- Direct the plant safety program (MESH) to minimize accident or injury occurrence and to meet all OSHA standards and EPA regulations.
- Communicate information to employees on the state of the company and lead the communication efforts of the facility.
- Represent the company in community and professional activities.
- Maintain an environment in keeping with all applicable regulations and legal requirements.
- Ten years of management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Proven ability and successful track record of growing sales, profits, leading operations, and delivering results.
- Strong and thorough understanding of the electrical industry and the competitive landscape to include an in-depth knowledge of market segmentation and market channel differences.
- EBS experience or experience with the execution of similar business system.
- Demonstrated experience in creating, developing and executing short and long-term strategic plans and effective implementation across cross functional & electrical businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to build, communicate and execute a vision for strategic and operational change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to lead business initiatives to drive growth and profitability in a fast growing business.
- Accomplished in meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Strong understanding of markets, segments, and channel relationships.
- Successful experience working in a complex organization with multiple, geographically diverse locations.
- Strong business and financial acumen; understands all segments and how they interact.
- Product and operations management experience. Product launch and product engineering experience.
- Expertise in budget management and driving year over year improvement of financial metrics
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation, including long term incentive and complete benefits.
- This person will be located in Eaton’s Lincoln, IL location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time