Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Lead Integration Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI facility.
The Lead Integration Engineer will be a part of a team developing e Mobility systems solutions. As a member of the team, you will help define requirements, contribute to definition of hardware designs, generate EV and mild-hybrid system solutions and models, define test plans and perform validation testing to confirm that system and functional requirements are met. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for working with their engineering manager to achieve the desired results. Achieving the desired results will require individual contributions as well as contributions attained as part of a team. You will work closely with engineers located in various locations in the United States, Europe and Asia.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contribute to system level and algorithm requirements to meet product performance and reliability requirements. Define and improve systems engineering standards and processes, contribute to industry technical papers and conferences.
- Calibrate energy efficiency and performance strategies and perform physical modeling. Use simulation tools to efficiently perform design iterations and optimization.
- Utilize problem solving skills to improve system performance and reliability of the EV and mild-hybrid systems.
- Contribute to continued enhancement of architecture to support additional product features.
- Analyze vehicle data from test and customer vehicles to investigate, identify, and resolve issues and performance complaints
- Support prototype and production OEM vehicle integration and development efforts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution required
- 5 years of experience in engineering
- 5 years of experience in automotive/commercial vehicle domain
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Southfield, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering field
- Experience with Vector tools such as CANape and CANalyzer
- Experience in calibration tuning of systems.
- Experience with vehicle CAN networks
- Experience with SysML tools such as IBM Rhapsody
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time