Eaton’s Aerospace Sector is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team. This position will be based at our Bethel, CT location.
This position is responsible for managing and continuously improving key Supply Chain-related functions such as materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of specific customer products, direct and indirect material purchasing, and inventory control; manages and directs supply chain team in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while reducing/maintaining inventory levels aligned to sales; and manages/improves supply base performance. The person in this role will train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure on-time delivery to customer requirements.
- Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements.
- Manage plant purchasing activities for items procured on a local basis in order to complement centrally purchased items.
- Ensure correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances.
- Manage material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes (new product development, obsolescence) in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
- Ensure quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer audit requirements.
- Devise and manage physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications.
- Evaluate the operational performance of the team.
- Coordinate with the Corporate and Aerospace Group Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton.
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing operations/supply chain
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- APICS Certification
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time