Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Distribution Operations Manager to join our team. This position will be based at our Duncan, South Carolina location.
The Distribution Operations Manager is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of a high-volume order fulfillment distribution center, as well providing functional excellence support for the divisional facilities. This position will ensure product receipt, storage, and order fulfillment operations through the optimization of resources and processes while achieving key safety, quality, cost, and engagement performance. The Distribution Operations Manager role will drive the operation, development, and implementation of key processes to ensure compliance within company policies and procedures. By using continual process improvement tools (such as Lean and Six Sigma), the Distribution Operations Manager will lead employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are involved, empowered, and committed to the success of the company.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manages a staff of supervisors and associates to ensure timely distribution of merchandise within the standards of budget, policies, procedures and quality to satisfy the requirements of the customers, sales operations and finance divisions.
- Effectively lead associates by creating a common vision and an understanding of the organization’s strategy, as well as enhancing associate commitment through the celebration of individual and group achievements.
- Ensures the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner. Plans, directs, and implements warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals. Operates in compliance with federal, state and local statutes.
- Directs the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve prescribed objectives. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, creates programs to supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates.
- Ensures the creation of the necessary warehouse information systems to meet company objectives and facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse. Remains knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology.
- Develops and recommends an annual operating budget. Develops and manages a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters. Assures that all accounts achieve predetermined profit standards.
- Procures equipment and facilities required to assure efficient operation and meet company profit goals. Develops suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping, and safety.
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of distribution operations experience.
- Minimum 3 years distribution center supervisory experience required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Duncan, South Carolina to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
- Six sigma green belt certification a plus.
- Experience working with a RF based WMS and TMS systems a plus.
- Experience leading an operation with light assembly a plus.
- Experience with quality systems and ISO certification a plus.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time