Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Production Technician-I / Shipping & Receiving to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Auburn, WA facility.
The Production Technician will perform a wide range of skills including: assemble, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard fixed assemblies in electrical control equipment. Perform assembly required for test preparation and final inspection. Use established power checking procedures and equipment to verify electrical/mechanical integrity of units assembled.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing Perform routine maintenance on all plant equipment in area of assignment as required
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and codes
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages
- handle all finished products for shipment; call carriers and load materials into carrier's vehicles
- Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility
- Participate on local teams to improve site conditions, productivity, and performance
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum one year of experience in a manufacturing setting or completion of a vocational program (minimum of 9 months)
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Forklift driver certification
- Experience with supply chain systems (AS400, MAPICS)
- Experience in electrical equipment manufacturing and assembly (panelboards / switchboards preferred)
- Experience in electrical equipment maintenance / installation
- Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment
- Must be familiar with shipping documents, including bill of lading and packing slips
- Lift 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation as required
- Must have basic Computer Skills with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to interact and contribute in a small team environment
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide health and safety procedures and rules
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct those they can
- Participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No