Eaton’s Corporate Research Technology Group is currently seeking a Lead Engineer to be part of our Golden CO team. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position will lead modeling, simulation, algorithm design, implementation, and HIL validation of integrated power systems including but not limited to microgrids, building networks, and distribution networks. The lead engineer will create and apply novel techniques within control and optimization theory to power system problems. This work will help businesses across Eaton solve critical business problems and uncover new business opportunities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop and apply advanced control and optimization algorithms to create new intelligent devices, solutions and services for Eaton’s businesses
- Design and implement controls for use in industrial-grade controllers, utilizing a deep understanding of traditional and novel control methods to manage modern distribution networks with high penetrations of both controllable and uncontrollable distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Conduct power system modeling, simulation, and analysis of both steady state and dynamic response
- Design controls and optimization strategies for grid-level and site-level solutions in distribution automation, DER management, and demand response
- Create optimization models and solutions to non-linear, non-convex, multi-modal problems
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery, participating in design and implementation reviews
- Evaluate business requirements and consult with business stakeholders to determine novel solutions to targeted problems for end-users
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience in electrical engineering or controls systems engineering
- Master’s Degree/PhD in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in electrical engineering or controls systems engineering
- Fundamental knowledge and research background in controls systems and optimization
- Knowledge of power system operations and planning
- Familiarity with simulation tools such as CYME, PSCAD, OpenDSS, Matlab/Simulink, etc.
- Ability to successfully and consistently work on multiple assignments simultaneously and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assignments within a team setting
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time