Eaton’s Hydraulic - Power Motion Control division is currently seeking a Global Product Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Global Product Manager is responsible for implementing the growth strategies to drive our Industrial Valves product profitability, volume, mix, market share improvement, and price. In this role, you will execute product lifecycle strategy, business development, global penetration, attrition, new product, and price (PANP), global product marketing, rationalization, global promotion, global strategic pricing and training.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Analyze global market and customer needs and lead PANP (penetration, attrition, new product and price) efforts to drive outgrowth of the product line.
- Support development of product strategies/roadmaps and lead execution of the product strategies; including positioning, managing product, segment and channel mix; and developing targeted value propositions.
- Act as the global lead for implementing strategic pricing and acquire/retain comprehensive knowledge of competitive strategy/positioning.
- Support resolution of the commercial and technical issues that occur, as required, for the product line.
- Monitor global product profitability for each product family and recommend changes to meet Eaton top and bottom-line objectives.
- Lead cross functional Product Growth Team members to propose prioritization of product development activities.
- Interface with the Global Eaton Sales Team, Distributors, and customers to promote and support the sale of responsible product lines – with a strong focus on organic growth.
- Act as key global marketing resource for, trade shows, Tech Days and other related National/International forums as well as participation in Trade Associations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in product management, sales, or a technical-based role in the mechanical or electrical sectors
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit will be offered for this position. The candidate for the role must presently reside within a 50-mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Master of Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- Prior experience working with Industrial Valves.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web-based information and documentation systems
- Experience in engineering or supporting technology sales
- Understanding of markets, distribution channels, OEM requirements, and brand strengths in dealing with positioning strategies
- Experience with or aptitude to understand financial analysis and accounting principles
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
- Ability to develop and motivate others
- Ability to drive results through collaboration
- Ability to demonstrate a professional presence and strong interpersonal effectiveness.
- Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time