Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Electrical Technician - Team Lead to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
The primary role for this position is to guide a team and have the ability to be mechanically inclined, utilizing different devices, and the ability to install electrical wiring.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness.
- Assist engineering, drafting, and supervision with customer-initiated development work.
- Work closely with other departments to assure that all specifications, safety, and quality standards are maintained.
- Provide training, instruction, and production-related guidance to employees.
- Installs electrical devices such as switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic, line assemblies, lighting, AC and DC panel boards, switches, and conduits to switchgear aisle walls, ceilings, and cubicles receptacles.
- Proficient with all associated hand tools, drills, threaders, knock-out sets, cable benders (hydraulic and mechanical bender).
- Can layout switchgear aisle per aisle schematics/drawings and generate a BOM (Billing of Material) for all associated boxes and fittings.
- The ability to flex to other areas and perform other tasks when needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum one (1) year working with electrical systems is required
- Previous Leadership experience
- Certified Journeyman from an accredited institution.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a certified Journeyman.
- Must have knowledge on NEC (National Electrical Code).
- Proficient with all associated hand tools, drills, threaders, knock-out sets, cable benders.
- Basic math to aide in conduit bending, conduit fill, and device mounting.
- The ability to use and read a tape measure.
- The ability to work on ladders.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No