Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Product Specialist, Residential/Light Commercial to join our team for a one (1) year contract/development assignment. This position is based at our Burlington, Ontario location.
The primary function of this role is to provide support to Eaton product management, sales/support staff in pre-sales through post sales capacity. The individual has key individual responsibility for the product and pricing maintenance and generating material for product launches, promotions and campaigns.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• Support Product Manager and MARCOM group in creating marketing material, catalogues, and electronic media for product launches and campaigns.
• Review monthly sales & market share information to stay current with business performance.
• Produce quotations for assigned products, while employing value creation strategies to maximize opportunity potential and standard profit margins.
• Participate and provide input into annual Strategic/Profit and Market Planning period.
• Lead continuous improvement activities to improve the deployment of marketing tools and deploy standardized processes.
• Assist with marketing duties and projects to fulfill product line objectives.
• Support the development of Sales collateral; including presentations, application guides and product aids.
• Approve price guidance deviations to inside and outside sales.
• Support day to day tactical activity as needed (expedites, planning, warranty, etc.)
• Participate in VOC (voice of customer) activities for translation into product line innovation and value creation.
• Create and maintain the product registration and pricing content (Product Data Hub, front end ERP systems) with guidance from product manager.
• Pre-engineer and develop product configurations that meet the customer’s needs.
• Communicate and work closely with factory engineering and manufacturing staff to facilitate the production of high-quality products.
• Coordinating product specific issues to resolution (ie. manufacturing and quality with Warehouses and Plants).
• Identify and help implement cost reduction opportunities.
• Communicate with administrative, plant and supervisory staff as required.
• Perform overtime as necessary in accordance with both Eaton policy and legislative requirements.
• Comply with Eaton’s Ethical and Harassment Policies.
• Provide and/or participate in training as required.
• Comply with company rules, regulations and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
• Act as team player and participate in department and/or plant committees.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
College diploma or university degree
Minimum of three (3) years experience working within the electrical industry.
Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
University degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum 5 years of experience working with electrical products and assemblies
A minimum of one (1) year experience using data analytics; digital marketing
A minimum of one (1) year experience in sales or customer service
Technical Professional Designation (P.Eng., CET, C.Tech.)
Knowledge and application of support for B2B and B2C businesses
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No