Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
The Continuous Improvement Technician will participate in a high performance work team to drive continuous improvement in manufacturing and office zones. He or she will serve as team expert to meet Continuous Improvement deliverables and assist in the sustainment of area actions/improvements. You will drive Eaton’s Continuous Improvement Framework implementation to achieve plant High Five goals and use as a competitive advantage. You will participate and lead rapid improvement events, kaizens, problem solving events, etc.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Drive employee engagement through the Continuous Improvement program while facilitating projects or events comprised of multi-functional team members such as Kaizen events, Shop Floor and Rapid Improvement Events, Standardization 5S, Error Proofing, Eliminating Waste, and other projects using Eaton Lean System support across the Plant.
- Identify and prioritize tier level Value Stream Map (VSM) projects/improvements, standard work updates, work station risk assessment improvements, etc.
- Calculate cost out metrics from events, continuous improvement submissions, etc.
- Perform the necessary audits of the plants’ operations to evaluate opportunities for implementation of various Lean improvement initiatives.
- Continuously enhance personal skills and knowledge of the subject matters pertaining to the operations initiatives, through networking, education, and training.
- Perform analysis by utilizing Eaton Lean and quality tools to drive cost reduction and support the startup and launch of capital projects.
- Participate in Daily Tier Meetings and GEMBA walks to identify improvement opportunities and work with operations and management to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Effectively interact in a matrix environment that includes teams made up of people from Operations, OPEX, Engineering, Sales Support, and Supply Chain.
- Support Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Team in safety improvement projects and Work Station Risk Assessments.
- Other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Associate degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Trained through Kaizen-based training courses for all the Lean tools
- Trained and certified in Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent understanding of lean principles and continuous improvement framework building blocks.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering problem solving and quality techniques as well as sound understanding of production and inventory.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Fluent verbal and concise written, communication skills for successful performance of position.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No