Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking an Assembler II to join our team.
This position is based at our Indianapolis, IN facility.
The E-Reman Hourly employee is responsible for general labor assigned by the line supervisor. Duties focus on daily labor, running equipment, and following written instructions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Empty bins / stack parts
- Run and clean equipment / disassemble and assemble equipment
- Maintain the cleanliness of floors and machines
- Use soldering equipment
- Read / write test results
- Know and follow safety procedures and rules including compliance requirements to ensure a safe work environment.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention.
- Actively participate in accident, injury, and illness prevention activities such as job safety analysis.
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area.
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order
- Maintain workflow and ensures availability of proper materials, tools, and fixtures.
- Interact with other departments to resolve problems that interfere with productivity
- Perform direct work demonstrating the ability to perform any of the various operations within the group.
- Train new and less experienced operators.
- Perform other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school or equivalent
- At least 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Soldering Experience
- Legally authorized to work in US without company sponsorship
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly
- Must be able to work on your feet for a period of 8-12 hours in a closed environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Indianapolis, IN will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Remanufacturing experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time