Our eMobility Division is currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI facility.
The Electrical Engineering Specialist will lead the design and development of new power electronic components for the automotive and commercial vehicle market. The products include but not limited to DC converters, Inverters (motor drives) and On-board chargers. This position will develop electrical architectures in response to our customers request for proposals (RFP) and lead the analytical plans, validation plans, and manufacturing design for the electrical hardware proposed
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop electrical architecture proposals in response to customer RFPs and requirements
- Create and submit RFP documents for key suppliers and manage technical proposal down selections
- Own the Bill of Material (BOM) for the proposed electrical components for our customers RFP submission
- Lead analytical planning and execution for proposed electrical architectures utilizing tools such as SABER, PLECS, MATLAB, and other tool sets. Ensure global simulation teams deliver accurate results
- Develop plans and timelines for internal validation
- Lead interaction with key suppliers by providing necessary technical information (Gerber, ODB++, Analytical results, test results, etc…)
- Ensure interfaces are clearly defined with other engineering sub-teams; such as Mechanical engineering, Software & Controls, and Systems engineering
- Set priorities and manage deliverables for the Electrical Engineers supporting the given project.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in new product development in electrical and/or electromechanical systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Southfield, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Master’s degree with a research focus in electromechanical or electrical systems
- Experience with electric and hybrid electric vehicle systems a plus
- Experience developing power electronics
- Experience with model-based design methods
- Experience with software controls development for power electronics
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Work collaboratively with global teams and customers
- Automotive or commercial vehicle experience
- Supervising other engineering tasks (assembly drawings, PCB layout, software development, validation testing)
- Creating and maintaining electronic documentation for manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Planning and scheduling development testing (scheduling test labs, designing test equipment, designing and building test harnesses, creating test strategies for both validation and production testing, writing
- Electronic design tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation (SPICE, Simplis, Ansys, Matlab/Simulink) PCB layout and design
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time