Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Systems and Services Division is currently seeking a Product/Field Service Engineer to join our FAA (CDLS) Contractor Depot Logistics Support team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC location.
This position supports FAA Mission Critical Power Systems throughout the US and its territories as part of the FAA Program Team. Support includes product application support of electrical and mechanical system typically found in large industrial plants. Major systems included but not limited to; UPSs, Power Distribution Products/ Switchgear and Engine Generators. Roles include:
- Inside application support of existing FAA systems, form fit and function replacement products, Support of FAA Depot (inventory, property management process, parts and vendor analysis)
- Onsite field support of FAA sites
- Project management of field projects
It is also highly desired to possess knowledge of controls, electrical and mechanical systems. The incumbent must be capable of making engineering judgments regarding product problems to be able to recommend solutions suitable to maintain the integrity of the FAA systems.
The position necessitates that the incumbent is able for travel as required, has a broad knowledge of budgeting and expense tracking, project management, product application and safety precautions related to working with electrical and mechanical equipment. This position is accountable for managing the full life cycle of products within the FAA Mission Critical Power Systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Onsite field support of FAA sites. Project management of FAA site projects requiring subcontractor support.
- Technical parts support for (inside sales engineer role): UPS, Engine Generators, Power Distribution Systems / Switchgear
- Develop and maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with Customers (FAA), Subcontractors, Vendors and Eaton Electrical personnel to assure that the customer receives the best possible unified effort and service
- FAA Depot support as needed; inventory, property management process, parts and vendor analysis.
- Maintains timely and accurate expense account records.
- Plan and execute presentations on specific services to customers in order to gain recognition and customer acceptance of products and services.
- Management of the project lifecycle which includes but not limited to; Obtaining FAA Statement of Work, Subcontractor vetting, Subcontractor Proposal analysis, Preparation of FAA Proposals, FAA Negotiations, Order entry, SOW creep change orders. On site field operations management; including; material, equipment tracking, and subcontractors. Obtain Customer Acceptance Inspection Form, CAI, from FAA Site.
- Keep current with product technology and continue improvement of personal, technical and professional business skills in order to service products to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Safety lead in equipment, handling, electrical and electronic procedures and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Encourages teamwork and suggests ways to make the team more effective.
- Be available for 24-hour on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment and tools to meet specifications including calibration requirements, etc. in good working condition.
- Travel up to 50% travel required. Projects duration up to 5 weeks
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from and accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years of mechanical or electrical service experience. OR High school diploma from and accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years of mechanical, electrical, electronic, and/or service experience or equivalent military technical service training.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Raleigh, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with UPS Critical Power Systems including Diesel Engine Generators
- Experience with test equipment and diagnostic instruments.
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with project management
- Proficient in managing small to medium projects or maintenance outages with proper execution to meet the financial implications of the project per corporate and business unit guidelines.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with Customers (FAA), Subcontractors, Vendors and within the company.
- Ability to apply the quality principles to the service process.
- Ability to provide service, deal with commercial situations and develop a customer following while representing the company interests to assure long-term customer relationships.
- Ability to understand the customer’s SOW for Electrical and Mechanical maintenance and repair / replacement work
- Ability to utilize time effectively. Ability to prioritize work to get the most important things completed first.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Submit to Government required background and drug screenings.
- Able to travel 2- 5 weeks at a time.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time