Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Mechanical Systems Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Mechanical Systems Engineer Specialist will identify critical to quality measures for the system, then orchestrate the design of subsystems and components by the way of requirements and requirement decomposition, such that the system achieves all critical to quality measures with a focus towards mechanical interactions either within the system or for manufacturing.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Determine considerations for system interaction with the environment (i.e. other systems within the context of use or manufacturing), system manufacture feasibility and system disposal.
- Manage the design of appropriate qualification tests that verify the system against the critical to quality measures.
- Develop system requirements for a primary mover automotive inverter meeting ISO 26262 safety standard.
- Develop test methods and processes for validating the system against requirements.
- Use tools such as HARA, DFMEA, P-Diagrams and others to generate quality requirements for function and safety.
- Collaborate with both electrical hardware and software developers to achieve optimal requirements that balance cost, performance and time to market.
- Work with customers to get feedback, product requirements and gain insight to technical problems that the system might be able to solve and add value.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 7 years Engineering Experience with at least 4 of those years working on mechanical designs.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Systems Engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience using FEA and CFD simulation results to evaluate mechanical designs.
- 4 or more years professional systems engineering experience
- Familiar with CAD tools
- Power electronics development experience.
- Experience with ISO 26262 and/or ASPICE standards.
- Experience with Agile Development Processes.
- Experience with IBM Jazz Tools.
- Experience with AUTOSAR framework.
- Automotive experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Able to identify critical interdependencies between systems and or components.
- Able to dissect a system into logical components by function and or feature.
- Knowledge of the “V” development process.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time