- Analysis of market data, trends, customer needs in order to align with executive management concerning market opportunities, threats and along with that long term organisational strategy and to implement operational plans to execute the sales strategy.
- Maintaining and building relations with important market parties, internal sales organisations, business units and branch organisations.
- Assessment of the effects of changes within the organisational strategy and acting upon them.
- Management of the strategic countries operating planning process.
- Setting out strategic direction in collaboration with the Segment and Channel Sales Management Team.
- Manages sales plans by developing and assigning individual or team targets, supporting and motivating sales representatives in achieving their plans.
- Analysis, reporting evaluation and development of KPI’s aligned to the Profit Plan and Strategic Plan for short, mid and long term adjustments.
- Maintaining Sales Reports as required and using Eaton Business Systems’s leadership processes for the sales organization.
- Keeping good customer contacts and build closer relation with our key accounts in order to further develop our market position in Iberia.
- Manage the full P&L of the Eaton Spain and Eaton and Cooper (Pretronica) sales organisation.
- Negotiating and influencing at executive and management level resulting in contracts and agreements.
- Approving commercial agreements in line with organisational procedures.
- Supporting sales managers in but also partly leading (key) customer negotiations.
- Initiates, develops and implements sales oriented customer events, activities, campaigns, company and product presentations and trade fairs.
- Focus on developing and winning new customers across our businesses.
- Initiates collaborations in sales activities within Eaton, resulting in synergy sales and new business.
- Directs the Country Sales Operation activities within the Iberia to drive Eaton strategic and commercial goals as set by joint planning.
- Provides operational leadership to the Iberia Sales Organisation.
- Acts as a role model in line with Eaton ethical standards of conduct and Eaton leadership value and attributes.
- Acts as Eaton’s nominated legal representative and Managing Director for the legal entities in Iberia.
- Works in cooperation with other Business Units and Eaton departments putting Eaton’s overall interest above immediate local benefit.
- Identifies and develops possibilities for future business growth, including possible acquisitions and partnership, bringing them to the attention of the relevant central team for further investigation and possible next steps.
- Building Organizational Capability by developing competencies as well as identifying talent gaps.
- Minimum of Master’s University Degree, preferably business or engineering, plus very strong experience in Sales.
- MBA will be an additional plus.
- Proven track record of achieving business success as a Sales Manager.
- Experienced Manager of People, with track record of managing teams.
- Ability to influence decision making of key stakeholders.
- Spanish and English fluent.
- Intercultural awareness.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated executive presence – board room quality – able to represent Eaton to senior managers externally and internally.
- Strong Time Management and delegation skills.
- Proven Competencies according to Eaton Leadership Model: Thinks & Acts Strategically; Gets Results Through Self & Others and Builds Organisational Capability.
- Demonstrates Our Leadership Style (6 attributes: Passionate, Transparent, Accountable, Learner, Efficient, Ethical).
- Great working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time