Eaton’s Hydraulic Fluid Filtration Division is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager – Food & Beverage Filtration to join our team. This is a remote position; candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of a major metropolitan airport to be considered.
The Regional Sales Manager – Food & Beverage Filtration is responsible for achieving sales objectives of filtration products into the food and beverage segment, and developing, growing and maintaining relationships with Eaton employees, channel partners, consulting firms & end users. In this role, you will manage the assigned customer base, increase sales in the assigned geography, and provide application guidance and technical assistance to customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Implement strategic plan to grow business in alignment with Division Profit Plan goals. Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements by establishing and cultivating end user relationships within the food & beverage segment to drive sales of Eaton filtration products.
- Prepare sales presentations to create product understanding/awareness and quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing.
- Initiate/monitor all phases of the sales process for NAFTA Food & Beverage customers to ensure effective and timely customer service and response.
- Identify opportunities for new and extension business in short and longer term, providing technical assistance & training to Regional Sales Managers relative to Food & Beverage activity in the NAFTA region, representing Eaton Filtration at trade association meetings to promote product as appropriate.
- Develop and execute tactical and strategic plans in support of the overall sales strategy and to meet performance expectations and requirements, collaborating with other Eaton Filtration personnel on a global scale.
- Maintain a high level of expertise of all applications and trends to effectively promote Eaton Filtration products and solutions, organizing regular training/promotional events for customers, analyzing sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist customers with advice on products to serve application requirements, and creating brand awareness and technical awareness with key customers/potential customers.
- Maintain positive relationship with Customer Service to ensure all customer inquiries, orders, invoices and complaints are dealt with quickly and effectively. Resolve any potential customer conflicts and canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements, communicate findings to filtration leadership team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Marketing from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in marketing or technical sales in food and beverage filtration and/or industrial process filtration.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of a major metropolitan airport to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master of Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in marketing or technical sales in food and beverage and/or industrial process filtration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web-based information and documentation systems.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to build close relationships with key personnel within key customers to enhance sales volume, customer satisfaction and long-term business prospects.
- Ability to Advise and influence customers, creating and developing opportunities for Eaton.
- Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
- Ability to monitor sales performance versus plan and provide strategic direction for corrective actions as needed.
- Ability to collect and summarize customer intelligence to provide input to develop marketing and sales plans.
- Ability to review and report regularly to the Sales Manager on customer activity and performance to plans.
- Ability to develop and executive regional channel strategy to best support growth in the food and beverage segment.
- Ability to monitor competitive market data and formulate appropriate responses to protect and grow market share.
- Ability to build relationships with key end user customers to enhance long-term business prospects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time