Eaton’s Hydraulic Fluid Filtration Division is currently seeking a Product Sales Manager – Hydraulic Filtration to join our team. This is a remote-based position.
The Product Sales Manager – Hydraulic Filtration is responsible for achieving sales objectives of process filtration products for our Hydraulics product lines. In this role, you will develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, channel partners, consulting firms, and end users expected to manage the assigned customer base, increase sales in the assigned geography, and provide application guidance and technical assistance to customers.
The incumbent will prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness, quote projects, and negotiate correct required pricing.
The Product Sales Manager – Hydraulic Filtration will maintain positive relationship with Customer Service to ensure all customer inquiries, orders, invoices and complaints are dealt with quickly and effectively, resolving any potential customer conflicts
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements, communicating findings to filtration leadership team.
- Organize regular training/promotional events for Channel partners, analyzing sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist channel partners in promoting sales with advice on sales and promotion techniques and campaigns, and creating brand/technical awareness with key customers/potential customers.
- Maintain a high level of expertise of all applications and trends to effectively promote Eaton Filtration products and solutions, completing ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
- Work closely with the Marketing Development Department to help identify, verify and pursue development of new market or product opportunities.
- Document all activity reports, prospects and opportunities within the defined CRM contact management database, providing a 3-month forward forecast.
- Establish and maintain effective communication flow throughout the commercial team and to other departments, assisting team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions.
- Represent Eaton Filtration at trade association meetings to promote product as appropriate.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in marketing or technical sales in hydraulic filtration and/or industrial filtration.
- Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of a major metropolitan airport to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s or MBA degree from an accredited institution.
- Five or more (5+) years of sales and/or marketing experience.
- Experience managing representatives and distributors.
- Practical experience and understanding of the hydraulic filtration industry.
- Strategic planning ability and strong organizational skills.
Position Success Criteria:
- Sales presence such that the candidate can clearly command in difficult sales situations.
- Ability to analyze markets to develop new opportunities.
- Use sound analytical thinking to develop innovative solutions/recommendations that address problems/issues and achieve desired results.
- Problem solving skills to overcome barriers to customer/market entry.
- Ability to understand customer potential in terms of potential business, sales dollars and future growth.
- Ability to communicate well and champion new ideas at all levels with plant personnel and customers.
- Obtain results in measurable terms such as added new accounts and added sales dollars while earning the respect of the customer
- Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
- High level of energy and personal drive.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time