Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Technical Program Lead to join our team. This position can be based at our Southfield, MI or Tualatin, OR location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Technical Program Lead will join our dynamic, New Product Introduction team. In this role, you will take ownership of designing hybrid electric and electric vehicle power management solutions by leading cross-functional, global teams and collaborating across the organization.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Define and lead the most challenging technical projects in a self-directed manner, perform challenging assignments with minimal guidance, understand the business impact of your decisions, and mentor other engineers.
- Global project lead for eMobility Power Distribution and Protection products, responsible for developing customer solutions, scoping programs, and defining engineering resources necessary
- You are knowledgeable in hybrid and electric vehicle systems, and work with customers to provide innovative and valuable system, subsystem, and component level solutions to their vehicle challenges.
- Develop, negotiate, and manage specifications and product requirements based on OEM and Eaton design team input, including Bill of Materials ownership, product cost, and program budget
- Possess proficiency with vehicle-performance tests, you have skills/knowledge in application & integration engineering, and you are capable of analyzing data to assess the best customer-oriented solution and compliance to requirements
- You will lead engineering DFMEA, DVP&R, and PVP&R development and test activities at the component, subsystem, system, and vehicle levels
- Problem solve issues at OEM Engineering locations / plants, end users, and suppliers for production and new product developments in a timely way; using root-cause analysis and proposing interim and permanent solutions.
- Develop working relationships with comparable levels of OEM engineering staff and other associated areas within the OEM.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in new product development of automotive or transportation based products
- Minimum 3 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience at an automotive tier 1 or tier 2 supplier
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future
- Master’s degree from accredited institution
- Experience developing high voltage automotive power distribution or power electronics products
- Experience developing products with die castings, stampings, injection mold plastics, and PCB assemblies
- Experience developing products with ISO 26262 functional safety requirement, certification preferred
- Hands-on vehicle based skills & experience (Mechanical and/or electrical)
- Experience with IBM Jazz Tools
- Experience with AUTOSAR framework
- Experience with Agile Development Processes
- Strong communication skills with ability to interface directly with external partners, suppliers, and both internal and external customers.
- Advanced understanding of electric vehicle drivetrain/powertrain systems and battery packs
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time