Eaton located in Eden Prairie, MN has a position opening for a Data Analyst Intern in Hydraulics Group.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
The Data Analyst Intern will be a part of our innovative team which consists of talented business analysts, data scientists, and master data management. As an active participant you will collaborate with business users, define business problems, propose solutions, and own specific projects.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Research the connective potential between Power BI, SharePoint and Yammer to propose and implement a collaborative, self-service user training and feedback framework.
- Collaborate with multiple business functions to build solutions based on the business need and desired experience.
- Develop a consolidation process of our customer’s score cards into a sustainable consumable data structure to give visibly and perform advance analytics on how our customers evaluate Eaton.
- Use SQL and model development in tools like R and Python as assigned.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered).
- Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Self-motivated to find the best solution through active research
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of data visualization tools like Power BI
- Some experience in R Programming and SQL
- Strong communication skills needed in order to work well with multiple functions and also ask for assistance when needed
- Time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
This co-op position provides candidates with great exposure to Eaton and would prepare them for a potential opportunity to be considered for the Eaton Sales Development Program, Customer Support, Sales, Marketing, Field Service or other roles within Eaton upon graduation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No