If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun. We are looking forward to Specialist – Scrum Master in Eaton India Innovation Center based in Pune, Maharashtra. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Lead activities related to new product development including planning, estimating, designing, peer review, integration and release with all functional resources located in India across multiple projects.
- Collaborate with all development managers in US to ensure that all requirements and specification of embedded software subsystems are defined, and subsequent targets are met.
- Facilitate and monitor the Scrum process from initiation through delivery. Technically Lead and manage more than three flagship projects involving more than 25+ people working offshore.
- Mentoring and coaching Scrum teams to instill agile values and principles.
- Facilitate productivity by removing impediments teams will encounter, mediating through conflicts, helping team to make decisions and adhering to continuous improvement principles.
- Collaborate with teams in US to develop and leverage tools for measuring & monitoring progress (Burndown charts etc..).
- Coordinates and encourages participation from all team members in scrum ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective).
- Work with managers in US to define milestones and individual sprint goals for functional resources located in EIIC Pune and other sites in India.
- Collaborate with Product development and Functional Managers in US throughout the product development life cycle to establish objectives and goals for project deliverables.
- Drives identification of risks, communicates to managers in US and appropriately mitigates to reduce project and requirement impact. This is accomplished by planning, controlling and integrating all project activities and deliverables
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering with at least 12 + years of related experience
5+ years experience in an engineering technical leadership role.
Embedded Software (C,C++) with strong understanding of real-time operating system (RTOS) concepts.
Knowledge of Agile development methods.
Understands backlog tracking, Scrum and Kanban based metrics, task definition and story splitting.
Experience with agile transformations, building Agile teams and implementing Agile “from scratch”.
Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (diverse team sizes, organizations, cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
Experience in sprint & release planning, running demos and retrospectives.
Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability contribute and provide updates as needed on project execution and technical content to various internal stakeholders.
Knowledge of engineering tools like JIRA.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Experience leading large cross-functional / cross-geographic projects.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only