(Location: Sincan - Ankara)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager, you will be responsible for providing environmental health and safety leadership to the site. You will be directing EHS activities at your site(s); establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and ensuring documents are organized and readily available in the local languages.
You will also responsible for managing and leading EATON MESH (Management System of Environmental, Safety and Health) assessment program; management of workers compensation program; driving incident/injury management, including root causes and corrective actions; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; tracking closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; administration of EHS specific training for the location; supporting actions during crises; supporting the creation of a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site.
You will provide effective and inspiring leadership in defining EHS strategy & operational integration and engagement planning by setting the global line function requirements, key HSE objectives, and in identifying, initiating and managing strategic projects that impact critical EHS performance.
Your key deliverables:
- Creation of EHS goals for the sites and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Work closely with management and facility employees at all levels to facilitate, lead, and/or assist teams in achieving department and plant goals as related to MESH, both safety standards and compliance to environmental/permit regulations.
- Determining appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Works to develop, maintain, and achieve goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Assist with the implementation of MESH (Management System of Environmental, Safety and Health) and will utilize MESH tools to drive improvements by participating and co-leading MESH Teams.
- Working to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Facilitating Work Station Risk Assessments (WRA’s), Environmental Aspect assessment, Site Level Risk Assessment, Ergonomic risk assessment, IH hazards, and other EHS related analyses are current and performed as required at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. To mitigate or eliminate identified EHS Risks works with Site Management Team to create targets and objectives.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Support efforts to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved and validated on a timely basis on the site.
- Obtain training and hands-on experience in implementing MESH tools to drive improvements in MESH and directly support plant objectives.
- Create and maintain training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion to the site.
- Support efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Work with MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Have responsibility for project management from initiation through completion.
- Ensure confidential, discreet handling of sensitive, confidential and proprietary information and tact and initiative in contacts with company employees, management and external regulatory/legal agencies or sources.
- Working with EHS Team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Using MESH Prism to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Pursuing third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Creating training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Working with EHS team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Driving and promoting zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Planning & development of Eaton required processes.
- Defining EHS strategies and approaches in accordance with industry best practices and procedures
- Responsible for monitoring and validating EHS integration activities,
- Ensures EHS processes meets Eaton level requirements
- Assisting in implementing applications that will identify requirements related to people, processes and technology
- Participating in implementing the EHS processes
- Assisting in the integration of technical and application investments
- Executing conversion plans and documenting possible improvements; identifying disruptions in the processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline preferably in Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electric, Mechanical or related
- Minimum 7 years’ experience performing the requirements listed above as EHS professional in a global manufacturing work environment required.
- Experienced in leading and managing EHS teams.
- A level EHS Certification in Turkey
- Fluent in English & Turkish
- Strong interpersonal skills, a hands-on leader
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No