To Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Warehouse Porter to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility.
This position requires the use of industrial powered equipment such as electric pallet jacks. Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties. May be required to use a forklift or a pallet jack in fulfilling daily material movement duties. Working from general procedures/instructions allocates, verifies, and/or physically transfers supplies, components, assemblies, products, equipment, etc., between processes or areas.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure that all gaylords are emptied per a set schedule
- Ensure that all trash is disposed of in the office and breakroom areas. Bathrooms are cleaned daily and other housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Communicate any issues to lead and/or manager
- Be flexible, ability to adapt to changing schedule
- Be a team player, have a positive attitude
- Any other duties as assigned by Lead and/or Manager
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Minimum of 6 months experience in warehouse environment and operating powered industrial equipment (end-rider/electric pallet jack required)
- Lifting up to 50 lbs several times during the day
- When operating powered equipment, operators must be mobile enough to turn their body to look in the direction of travel
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No