- Solve the day-to-day quality problems to encompass all parts, products and processes. Involve the affected departments, coordinate and report solutions.
- Provide guidance to others in establishing quality control techniques for determining, maintaining, and improving the quality of manufacturing operations. Make decisions pertaining to quality and determine responsibility for failure to meet quality standards.
- Inspect parts or product as required for manufacturing procedures and processes; document and report results.
- Coordinate with design engineering and suppliers the resolution to any deviation from printed drawings and specifications
- Review/Initiate internal NCRs for root cause resolution of problems and corrective actions
- Define problem, classify whether product warranty or customer responsibility and conduct timely, economical and positive corrective action.
- Lead product line quality meetings to report quality/warranty metrics and discuss feedback for quality improvements
- Conduct internal product and process audits and initiate correction action requests per ISO 9001 requirements
- Lead/Support IS0 9001 audit to maintain certification status
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in engineering/technical field from an accredited institution
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in quality, manufacturing or design is required
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company Sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Wilsonville, OR will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Three or more years in quality; product testing; troubleshooting; or design preferred
- Working knowledge of quality tools such as 8D, A3, 5 Why, FMEA, Fishbone, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical gear such as LVA, MVA, MVS, MCC products
- ISO 9001:2015 internal audit knowledge
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing systems and Six Sigma methodology
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and databases
- Excellent interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and articulate engineering/product concepts
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Accurate interpretation of blueprint/schematics information for inspection purposes
- Ability to independently perform dimensional checks/functional tests on non-conformance parts/materials utilizing calipers, micrometers, height gauges, hardness testers, fixtures, manufacturing aids, power tools, hand tools, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No