Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Quality Coordinator to join our team.
This position is based at our Milton, ON facility.
This person will be tasked with improving the organizational effectiveness through the coordination of Eaton QMS activities to support the business’ growth, productivity, and quality objectives. Specific responsibilities include generating and maintaining quality reports/KPI accurately, QMS deployment, cost out initiatives, process improvement activities, and culture change to continuous improvement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Serve as Quality Subject Matter Expert (SME). Provide support to other areas in the quality tools.
- Process owner for Iso 9001:2015 internal and external audits and carrying activities related to auditing.
- Participate in activities to improve quality of Manufacturing/Business processes.
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate different department/production floor related to day to day quality issues like RCA (root cause analysis), raising 8D/CARs for non-conformances and quality issues.
- Point of contact for reporting quality KPIs (key performance indicators) for plant as well to corporate office.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities like VSM, 5S+ and Standard Work events, structured problem-solving events, Kaizen Events and other Lean activities in the plant.
- Analyze manufacturing and quality data to identify trends and come up with pro-active actions to mitigate potential risks to product and customers. Coordinate with test teams for customer’s witness tests.
- Champion the Find-It Fix-It process including support of all areas in the plant in capturing improvements and monitoring progress.
- Champion activities related to Eaton health.
- and environmental system (MESH).
- Lead activities to achieve a reduction in the elements of (CoNC) Cost of Non-Conformance - warranty, scrap, rework, reactive maintenance, premium freight and excess & obsolete inventory.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality tools/techniques, continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools.
- Experience in a fabrication/assembly environment (5 years).
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills with proven ability to lead change through both direct and indirect (influencing) abilities.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered.
- Post-secondary education/training in business/manufacturing/engineering – or equivalent work experience.
- Experience or certification in Six Sigma.
- Experience with project management.
- Certified ISO 9001:2015 auditor
- Experience in a fabrication/assembly environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No